Tiger Woods Charity Playoffs at Myopia Hunt Club
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Two-person Regional Team Competition
The Myopia Hunt Club is the oldest, most prestigious Golf Club in New England. The Myopia Club was founded in 1875 by the Boston Mayor's four sons who were Harvard baseball players and also near-sighted; hence the name Myopia. In 1882 the club was moved to its current location in South Hamilton, Massachusetts and the name was changed to Myopia Hunt Club as hunting was introduced. Gibney Polo Field which is located on the grounds is also the oldest active polo field in America. The clubhouse was raised in 1771 by Cornel Robert Dodge who served in the Revolutionary War.
Myopia Hunt Club was considered the best golf course in America at the beginning of the 20th century and chosen to host the U.S. Open Championship four times in 10 years. It is the most difficult golf course in U.S. Open history with three of the highest 72-hole winning scores. Myopia Hunt Club hosted the first Massachusetts State Amateur Championship in 1903 and hosted the event for the fifth time in 2010.
The nostalgia of Myopia is ever-present considering the clubhouse dates to 1772, but what makes this experience even better is that you and your playing partner just might earn a deluxe VIP Stay-and-Play package to the TWCP Finals in Orlando, Florida, this December.
Register now and saddle up for Myopia.
About the Tiger Woods Charity Playoffs at Myopia Hunt Club:
- Golfers MUST play as a two-person team. No singles will be paired with others.
- The team entry fee is $1,000 ($500 per player) and includes green fees, cart fees, caddie fees (gratuities extra), golfers gift pack, use of practice facility, locker room access, breakfast and awards reception.
- In addition to the entry fee, each team is required to give or get an additional $2,000 ($1,000 per player), with every dollar going directly toward making a positive difference in the lives of underserved children through the Tiger Woods Foundation. You will be given both a personal and team profile through which you can fundraise. You can also just pay the amount yourself.
- The teams with the lowest gross and lowest net scores from this event will qualify for the TWCP Finals in Orlando, Florida and earn a VIP Stay-and-Play package which includes two days of golf, two nights deluxe hotel accommodations, gourmet hospitality and a gifting experience. In addition you'll be treated to a private golf exhibition with Tiger Woods followed by a reception hosted by Tiger and other PGA TOUR pros, and VIP access to the World Challenge Golf tournament. Airfare and additional nights lodging are at the player’s expense.
- Please note if a regional event is comprised of a field that does not meet a minimum of (20) twenty players the tournament will only award a low net winner with the opportunity to earn a Stay-and-Play package which includes two days of golf, two nights deluxe hotel accommodations, gourmet hospitality and a gifting experience.
- Any team raising $10,000 or more will automatically qualify for the TWCP Finals and the VIP Stay-and-Play package.
- The team that raises the most nationally, across all events, will receive Pro-Am spots in each of the 2015 Tiger Woods Foundation events (Deutsche Bank Championship, Quicken Loans National and World Challenge).
Tiger Woods Foundation
Where you come from shouldn't mean failure. At the Tiger Woods Foundation, it doesn't. Our programs break the cycle of poverty with college-access opportunities for low-income students. At Tiger Woods Learning Center campuses across the country, scholars in grades 5-12 are immersed in an interactive STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) curriculum. Here, they make the connection between school and career, while planning a road map to college. Tailored to the needs of the first-generation scholar, the Earl Woods Scholarship Program provides four-year college scholarships coupled with an unyielding support system. But we don't stop there. Through dedicated mentors, professional development workshops and internships, our one-to-one philosophy ensures the success of our students in college and beyond. Ten talented Boston natives joined the scholarship program in 2013-14 through a partnership with the Red Sox Foundation. With your support, our bright, young scholars will continue to excel at prestigious universities across the country such as Georgetown, USC, Boston College, UCLA and Harvard. See how our scholars are smashing the cycle of poverty at tigerwoodsfoundation.org and @TWFoundation.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING THIS REGIONAL EVENT?
We're looking for outstanding organizations that share our desire to help our youth achieve. If this sounds like you, check out the PDFs below which details the available opportunities, costs and benefits.
SUPPORTING OR TEE HOLE SPONSOR